Thursday, August 8, 2013

FIVE STAGES OF TEAM DEVELOPMENT

The adjourning stage in team development is when the project or task has come to an end. I’ve been in several groups, and some of them have been the hardest to say goodbye because project went so well, and it was effective. There is one group in particular I was in at training where we had set roles in the project, and everyone had the same goals. Everyone had expectations, and it was followed through by everyone. One of the closing ritual was we reflected on what we could have changed before presenting it to the group. Everyone was still happy on the job we did. Also, we did exchange information in order to keep up the professionalism among each other. This training was almost a year ago, and only 2 out of 5 I’m still in contact with, I wish it was all group members.
              In this master’s program, I’ve became connected professionally to many colleagues. I would like to keep the professional relationship going because there are so many colleagues with great experiences and passion for children. I would like to continue to learn from my colleagues. The adjourning stage is very important as professional that want to continue to grow. As professional, it is always good to look back and reflect on the task at hand. Reflecting can lead to growth within yourself and having the opportunity to learn from each other.

1 comment:

  1. Antowah,
    I like your idea of reflecting as part of the adjourning stage. I think that it is a great idea for team members to share their thoughts about how they felt the group managed reaching their goals, and offering solutions for any issues the group was faced with. I can see this being a great learning experience. I also agree that it is the groups that experienced success or were managed effectively that are the hardest to say goodbye to. When things go well, you most likely want to continue working with that group of people. When things go bad or people don't get along, it makes it much easier to say goodbye. Sometimes you just have to accept that some people don't work well together and personalities may clash. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete