Friday, February 28, 2014

TIME WELL SPENT (THIS JOURNEY OF MINE)



Through this journey, I had the opportunity to learn who I was as a professional. I learned I was a leader with drive and determination to create change. I was able to articulate a problem and strategically develop a plan to work through it. I also learned on this journey is to have passion for the work that you do. Early Childhood has always been a passion of mine, but I learned how deep my passion was for this field. I definitely look at myself as an early childhood professional that is skilled and knowledgeable that can advocate for my passion. However, over this journey, I have learned to embrace the different perceptive of others and learn from it. As an early childhood professional, you should look at the differences as a teachable moment to be used to broaden your thinking. Over the time, I have learned what it is to be an early childhood professional, and be globally prepared for the world.

Long Term Goal

My long term goal is to speak at conferences, trainings, travel all around the world, and forum on early childhood. I want to be at level in my career where I am looked up for guidance in the field. I want the ability to share what I have learned and researched with other professionals. I want to leave a great legacy in the field of early childhood.


For Now (Farewell)

I'm thanking my instructor as well as colleagues for sharing your wisdom and knowledge during this time. Your positive feedback, thoughts, and concerns. I have gained so much will attending Walden University and met some wonderful individuals. To each of you who started on this journey with me, "We started from the bottom now we are here" I wish each of you nothing but the best. As we continue our journey, always remember our passion for children. Thank you all!! Best Wishes!!

Favorite Quote

"Knowledge not shared, is wasted" Clan Jacobs

Antowah Jackson (tayama754@gmail.com)

5 comments:

  1. We have all come so far and learned so much. It is so great to be able to sit back at this time and reflect on all of the progress that has been made. I think that your ability to embrace difference is an amazing skills. You will likely com tine to strengthen this skills as you progress in the field. But your ability to identify it and aim to work towards it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Antowah- it has been an amazing journey and I am glad that I was able to spend this last stretch with you. Thanks for all your comments and support, I know that you will do great things in the early childhood field, I really do hope to see you in the future. Good luck with all that you set out to do, I know you will be successful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Antowah,

    It has been an awesome journey, I am privileged to have walked it with you, and I am honored to have learned from you. I too have learned a lot about myself in this program and I am glad for the change. I wish you lots of success in your professional career and I pray that every life you reach, you will see change. I know you will be an excellent educator and I pray you are able to reach your goals and dreams.

    Ayonie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Antowah,
    It has been an unbelievable and amazing experience. I appreciate the opportunity to study and learn from you during this program. I wish the you the best as you continue down your professional path to ensure children and families are successful. We will be forever changed form this experience. God Bless!
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete